Dental procedures involving lasers might sound like something from science fiction, but for a growing number of dentists, it is today’s reality. Laser dentistry is providing safer, more comfortable dental treatment for millions of patients.
Lasers give us more precision and control, and it takes a fraction of the time of traditional dentistry. Laser dentistry can eliminate the need for anesthesia, excessive bleeding and stitches after surgery, as well as reducing tissue damage, risk of infection, and length of recovery time.
With laser dentistry:
- Cold sores heal quickly and painlessly
- Gums are reshaped without cutting
- Cavities are found without all the poking and prodding and are filled without anesthesia and drilling
- Benign tumors can be removed from the mouth area without stitches
- Teeth whitening can be performed in record time
- Sensitivity to hot/cold sensations can be eliminated
- Sleep apnea can be cured
While laser dentistry cannot be practiced on replacing crowns or onlays, there are dozens of applications for this new technology. Depending on the type of dental procedure you need, we’ll be able to discuss whether laser technology is right for you.